SUNDAY, MAY 12 | Are you a writer who suffers from one of these misconceptions?
• “LinkedIn is just about finding a job.”
• “It’s for executives, lawyers, and doctors, not artists like me.”
• “Those endorsements don’t really mean anything.”
• “I’m already on Facebook, so I don’t need it.”
LinkedIn is a social media marketing tool that writers often overlook. It’s a very powerful networking tool and, in the Bay Area, is critical for success. Learn how to maximize LinkedIn to increase your audience, get noticed, support your funding applications, meet the Bay Area’s literary movers and shakers, and open significant opportunities. In this workshop, learn how to:
• Prepare a profile that marks you as a professional, rather than a hobbyist
• Promote yourself and your work by harnessing LinkedIn’s full features
• Network with author organizations that help to spread news of your work to wider audiences
• Use your profile to enhance your grant, residency, and writing conference applications
• Learn the power of LinkedIn’s Groups
A laptop, notebook computer, or iPad is required for this workshop.
Lyzette Wanzer, M.F.A., is a San Francisco author, editor, and writing workshop instructor. Her work appears in more than 25 literary journals and books, and she is a contributor to The Chalk Circle: Intercultural Prizewinning Essays (Wyatt-MacKenzie), The Naked Truth, Essay Daily, and San Francisco University High School Journal. She is a two-time San Francisco Arts Commission, and a three-time Center for Cultural Innovation, grant recipient.
Number of sessions: 1
Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Date: Sunday, May 12
Course fee: $175