Take some time for your writing this fall with a series of virtual write-ins hosted by the Grotto. Led by one the Grotto’s many talented and accomplished writers, each of the sessions below provides 90 minutes of space and guidance in which to get your creative energy flowing, generate new material, bring old material up to snuff, and just make contact with the community of writers that is the Grotto, our teachers, and our students.
Choose one or more of the sessions below, and show up for generative exercises designed to help instill confidence in your writing, shift your focus and get you out of a rut, document the emotions and experience of challenging times, and more. Writing prompts, craft tips, timed exercises, accountability—you’ll encounter any or all of these as you write in community with your fellow narrative artists and learn from our writers about what has worked for them. Finish a story you’ve started or free-write your way to something new. Find inspiration and energy writing in virtual community!
Write-ins are held every Wednesday from 12:00 noon to 1:30pm, and every Friday from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Click the “show details” button beside each session below for instructor bios and contact information.
All write-ins are held via Zoom. Registered students, please contact the instructor directly for Zoom login information.
Questions and information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and times: Wednesdays, 12:00pm – 1:30pm; Fridays 6:00pm – 7:30pm Pacific Time
Course fee: $25
- Friday, October 2, 6pm, with Celeste Chan (email@example.com)
- Wednesday, October 7, 12pm, with Mary Ladd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, October 9, 6pm, with Jesus Sierra (email@example.com)
- Wednesday, October 14, 12pm, with Celeste Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, October 16, 6pm, with Eleanor Vincent (email@example.com)
- Wednesday, October 21, 12pm, with Mary Ladd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, October 23, 6pm, with Laird Harrison (email@example.com)
- Wednesday, October 28, 12pm, with Mary Ladd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, October 30, 6pm, with Celeste Chan (email@example.com)