SATURDAY, NOV. 6th | Are you looking for a way to share your work with the world but have no idea where to start? Does the thought of reading your work in front of strangers terrify you? Are you a self published author looking for ways to promote your book? This class gives an overview of how to plan your perfect author event.
In this class we will cover:
- How to plan your author event
- How to market your author event
- Traditional and non-traditional ideas for where to host your author event
- How to identify potential venues (and how to avoid bad ones!)
- Practical suggestions for the night of your event
- …and much more!
This class is for writers of all levels, including unpublished writers.
The price of this class includes:
- Each student is entitled to a 15 minute consultation with Elizabeth Forsyth after the class to discuss their potential author event (scheduled at the teacher’s discretion).
- A copy of Elizabeth Forsyth’s ‘DIY Author Events’ resource guide which covers class topics in more detail, and includes checklists and resources.
Scheduled class sessions will take place via Zoom. Registered students, please contact the instructor directly for Zoom details.
Elizabeth Forsyth’s works have been featured by various anthologies and magazines, including The Write Launch and the Museum of Walking, and in 2019 she was longlisted for the Berlin Writing Prize. In 2020 she was a Literary Arts Resident with the Shuffle Collective. She is currently working on her novel, Family Business, about a Californian family dealing with the aftermath of the 2008 recession. She created an internationally successful author event program at an independent bookstore and is currently the classes manager at The Writers Grotto.
Number of sessions: 1
Dates: Saturday, November 6
Time: 2:00pm – 4:00pm Pacific Time
Course fee: $60